Thursday, December 13, 2007

inner dork: all about the numbers

No, I've missed inner dork more. Honest.

This one is an inner dork (of sorts) about me and this semester.

Day the semester began: August 20th.

Day I started my job: August 28th.

Day I quit my job: December 7th.

Last day of the semester: (for me) December 13th.

Papers finished: 37.

Friends made: 3, life long friends.

Experiences had: Too many to count.

Things learned: Enough to let me know that I don't know anything.

Annoyance level: Has been high.

Number of times I've cried: 1 time. Maybe 2, due to stress and not being sure I was making the right choices.

Number of alcoholic beverages consumed: Off the charts. I cannot count that high.

Time the last of my papers are due: 1:00 CST, today.

Number I have to turn in: 21.

This time last year: My undergrad thesis advisor was telling me: I had no talent, no concept of the English language, I wouldn't pass the thesis committee.

And Mr. London told me he was moving.

Exactly at this time last year.

Ah, the difference a year can make.

Time I will be at the bar: 1:15 CST. I won't be late.

Hours I will be at the bar: Until they ask me to leave. Or until my credit card reads, "denied" whichever comes first.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...doesn't it feel good when the semester is FINALLY over?! One more step forward. One more step towards that degree. But remember, it's not the end result that's important, but the journey you take getting there.

So I was waiting patiently for your Inner Dork so that I could write my Outer Dork today...and here it is:
Today is December 13th, 2007. Let's look at this date in history,

1642 - New Zealand was discovered by Dutch navigator Abel Tasman.

1918 - President Woodrow Wilson arrived in France, becoming the first U.S. president to visit Europe while in office.

1978 - The U.S. Mint began stamping the Susan B. Anthony dollar, the first U.S. coin honoring a woman.

1981 - The Polish government imposed martial law in an attempt to crush the Solidarity movement.

1989 - South African President F. W. de Klerk met with Nelson Mandela for the first time.

1996 - Kofi Annan of Ghana chosen to become UN secretary-general.

2000 - George W. Bush accepted presidency 36 days after election; Al Gore, Jr., conceded.

2003 - American forces captured Saddam Hussein who was hiding in a hole near his hometown of Tikrit.


Looking forward to you and I dorking each other again, and again, and again...




...and again... ;-P

Take care, beautiful!

Bre said...

It's going to be a really good 1:15!

Anonymous said...

Your first day of freedom from your first semester in school...yaaay! How is you heard feeling after the hours spent at the bar?

limpy99 said...

No, no, take my credit card.

Party Girl said...

Jay: I look forward to each and every one of them!

Bre: It was, it was!

GG: I actually feel really good. A good night's sleep and a massage in another hour. It will be a good day.

Okay...I woke up at 8:00 drank a lot of water, took 4 Advil and went back to bed.

NOW, I feel good.

Limpy: Ah, thanks! I could have used it last night. I'm expensive!

ptg said...

ah, the inner dork is back! I love a good dorking!

Drink one for me when you don't think you can drink for you anymore. OK, I'm wrong - just drink for you tonight. Tonight, it's all about you and being DONE with this semester. Congrats!