Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Wow. That was under-whelming

To my fiend/co-worker

PG: K, I'm going to go eat my lunch.

Co-worker: What are you having?

PG: A biscuit, a piece of cheese, and some carrots.

Pause.

PG: Wow. Could that sound more pathetic? And sadly, I'm not kidding.

CW starts laughing.

PG: Yep. A-biscuit. A-piece of cheese. Seriously, it's just a piece, one slice of cheese. Carrots. Wow. That should fill me right up. Breakfast was yogurt with some cereal thrown in.
I turn to show her my profile. But look how slim I am.

CW: You are looking hot, but god.
Well, my grandpa used to say, "Eating is just a habit."

PG: Yep. And it's a habit I am getting over pretty quickly. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go eat my biscuit now. Eh- that sounds dirty.



So, what was in your lunch?

Oh, and it took me all of about 8.5 seconds to eat my entire lunch...and that was chewing each bite at least 3.2 times.

7 comments:

Party Girl said...

I should point out that the lunch, or lack thereof, isn't for dieting purposes, it's just what was thrown in the lunch box and truly about all I had to choose from in my house.

Donations, anyone?

Old Man Crowder said...

Lunch?

This is what you've stooped to?

PG, what's going on?

I used to visit and there would be near-nudity, discussions about nipples and fetishes and stuff.

Now it's crackers and cheese?

What the hell? I might as well start blogging about daisies and butterflies!

Bre said...

mine was spring mix with fresh mushrooms, feta cheese, sliced almonds, blueberries, tomatoes, and red wine dressing.

oooooh it was gooooood!

Party Girl said...

OMC: Trust me, I know. I'm changing, the blog is changing, lots going on in my head...just a matter of typing it out for others to read and see.

But trust me, I am well aware.

Phollower said...

Mine was an odd one so I'll share it:

Ground buffalo (Shot by my father-in-law. No kidding. I mean, it was a whole buffalo at the time he shot it, not ground.) sauteed with peppers, onions, mushrooms and fresh cilantro mixed into a box of Mac-n-cheese.

That wouldn't be my standard lunch but The Spousal Unit is out of town so I'm eating odd things from the freezer that she won't touch so I don't make when she's around.

Beat that, Biscuit Girl.

Phollower said...

Man, I can't believe I missed the opportunity to make a comment about your "lunch box". I'm really slipping.

Party Girl said...

Ph: Yeah you are. (Hangs head in shame)

But the Buffalo dish sounds quiet dee-lish!