Thursday, July 19, 2007

inner dork: geeks, dorks, and nerds

...Oh my!

K, no useless info today. (I know, sad.) But after yesterday's post got me thinking about the differences between geeks, dorks, and nerds (oh, my!) I then proceeded to look up what Webster's had to say on the subject. (Who's a dork, huh, who?) Which led me into looking up another word, and then another, and then (Yep. I'm that loveable girl you all want to take home with you. Admit it.)

Anyway, so what is your definition of each? Which one are you a self-proclaimed one of? (or something like that.) And who do you think is more loveable, the dork, the nerd, or the geek? I'll post my answer tomorrow.

8 comments:

Nick said...

I'm reminded of a skit from SNL from God knows how many years ago featuring a young David Spade and I think Christina Applegate...

It was a game show called "Geek, Dork or Spaz" where you had to identify a person based on looks and behavior I think.

I wish I could find it on YouTube.

Bre said...

Ha! I think I use them interchangeably actually, so I'm no great help!

Nick said...

OK... I was way off on who was in it, but here is the video... Geek, Dweeb or Spazz...

Mike Meyers rocks.

Party Girl said...

Nick: I'm getting the "sad face" on the video link. Maybe it is just my work computer, but it won't play.

Me no like sad face.

Nick said...

hmmmm... Don't know what to tell you. It looks to be a standard flash based player like YouTube. Maybe work is blocking myspace. Try from home?

Believe me when I say that I'd hate to do anything to cause you to have a sad face though. :)

Edge said...

I have no clue but I may watch for the results

Old Man Crowder said...

Here's my interpretation...

Geek -- into things like Star Trek and computers WAY too much. Giggles at words like "tit-mouse" and "pussyfoot"

Dork -- gangly, not altogether bright

Nerd -- super smart on anything coming from a text book. Exceptionally poor at social skills and street smarts.

And I subscribe to all three categories, I guess.

Party Girl said...

Nick: it won't let me play it. I am guessing it is awesome and hilarious and I appreciate the fact that you sought it out.