Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Monday night in class, not priceless

$37.76 in gas to fill up the Mustang.

45 minute drive one-way.

15 extra minutes of driving due to construction. So, 1 hour one-way.

40 miles one-way.

1 one-way road that I drove the wrong way on- into oncoming traffic.

15 minutes late to class due to construction.

1 instructor not present.

1 movie watched.

1 hour and 45 minutes spent in a 4 hour class.

45 minute drive home.

40 miles driven back home.

First night of class on the main campus, not priceless.

5 comments:

TrappedInColorado said...

Oh NO!!! That sooooo sucks! Too bad you can't long in like for an airline and check the status of a class before you leave. Well, next time, pick me up and I'll keep you company. While you are in class I will take your Mustang and drive around doing my photography hobby. I'll even top off the gas tank and buy you a bananna split after class. Ah, hell.. I'll even carry your books.

Peace

GirlGoyle said...

Well...Trapped's offer does seem worth the ride. Professors...all bastards on their own schedule. The only ones that can be excused from keeping a group of people hangging and not give a damn about it.

puerileuwaite said...

Driving the wrong way into oncoming traffic? I sure hope the movie was for Driver's Ed ;-)

Egan said...

Sorry to hear this. You should get a tank or something.

Party Girl said...

Trapped: I need to leave my house by 4:45. I'll be waiting. Book bag on my shoulder, smile on my face, ready for the ride.

GG: Yeah. This has happened a few times before. However, it was at a campus a tad closer to my house. Not one that sucks 1/4 of a tank of gas. Whatev.

P: Yeah. Here's the thing. I was so frustrated trying to get my way through the construction to get to my building that I wasn't paying attention. The campus is surrounded by one-ways.

I had several cars pass me before i realized what I had done.
All I could do was say, outloud, "I think I'm going the wrong way."...giggles ensued.

Egan: *With a look of inspiration on my face* Now there's an idea.