Thursday, August 24, 2006

just sayin'

After hearing for the fortieth-eleventh time about how crazy Tom Cruise was for jumping on Oprah's couch, I have to say; I don't see what the big deal is. If I found a man who was so happy and that in love with me that he felt the need to jump on a couch and declare it to the world? Naked. I would be naked and there would be lots and lots of naked, nakedness with a continuous smile on my face for always.
I mean, isn't that what we're all looking for? That type of declaration of love and acceptance; just the crazy whole-heartedness of it all?



Now, as for his views on doctors, medicine, and psychotherapy? Well, yeah, those are crazy.

9 comments:

JustTerry said...

PG and nakedness... who could ask for anything more.

puerileuwaite said...

All I had to do was jump on a couch to see you naked? Wow. What do I get if I lay on the couch and talk about my childhood?

Bre said...

You have a point... I find him more than a bit insane(Matt, Matt, Matt! You're glib!) but the couch jumping could be cute... though I'm not 100% sure it was entirely motivated by love.

Party Girl said...

Justterry: I have a sudden need to make 'jazz hands'

P: A friend who is a damn good listener.

and maybe a backrub. I'm really good at backrubs.

Bre: Ah, glib. Suddenly the word that was on everyone's lips.

Love? Doubtful. Publicity, probably.
Call me cynical.

Hmm, I'd still take it.

gone said...

Fuck Tom Cruise:)
Why don't we hear more about really good actors like Billy Bob Thorton or Anthony Hopkins? NO ONE would give a shit if they jumped on a couch during the Oprah show. And why would anyone want to watch Oprah, given she introduced Dr. Fucking Phil to the world????

Party Girl said...

Cooper: No, no don't hold back...

j/k.

I'm not saying I think Tom is a great, or even a good actor, I'm just saying I appreciate the sentiment.

Pyrhonik said...

I thought it was a great thing to do. He put it out there for all of the guys in the world to step up. Why is it considered such heresy for guys to be romantic. Is it shyness? Is it some weird fear of rejection? Shameless adoration should be the new in! Then there's the girls who blush and turn inside out when their man starts singing to them in a crowded restaurant! heheh

He's a nut bar on the other shit for sure.

Yeah, him. said...

If Katie Holmes would have been kindly enough to date me (prior to Tom ruining her for mankind that is), I would have been jumping for joy too. Just not on Oprah.

I can't stand that woman.

Party Girl said...

Py: Exactly. Completely unabashed.

Dan: Yeah, the whole ruin thing and the whole baby-love-fest in our face and then the whole can't-show-the-baby-to-the-world-thing.