Thursday, June 22, 2006

1/2 a gallon of beer on the wall

Me yesterday morning....

PG: Good lord, I'm tired. I went out drinking last night.

Co-worker: Oh, that's what I hear in your voice.

PG: Midnight to five, sexiness going on?

CW: No, just not awake yet.

A few minutes later...

CW: I'm going to grab breakfast.

PG: Grab me a bagel will ya?

A few minutes later devouring the bagel.

PG: I can feel my blood sugar coming back.

CW: Good.

PG: Blah, blah... I had four pints of beer last night...blah..blah..

pause...

CW: You had four pints of beer last night?

PG: Yeah. That first one went down really quickly. Three gulps and it was gone.

Third party: Well, that's not very impressive.

PG: Four pints in less than two hours?

pause

PG: I also didn't eat dinner. I had class and I have a rule about not eating past 7:30. I was going to get a hamburger, but it was about 10 minutes before the kitchen closed and I wasn't going to order a spit burger. So, I passed on the food.
Pause
No food past 7:30, but apparently I can have all the alcohol I want.

CW: Four pints= two quarts= half a gallon. You had half a gallon of beer last night.

PG: Pause

I don't like the way that sounds.
I like how four pints sounds.

CW: You haven't had anything to eat since that Moo-Latte yesterday around 2:00?

PG: Hmmm, no, I guess not.

CW: You haven't eaten anything at all and had half a gallon of beer last night?

PG: I guess not. Half a gallon. I don't like the way that sounds. I don't like the visual either.
Pause
Hmmm, all those times I've had one gallon and sometimes two gallons of beer, no wonder I left the bar feeling bloaty.

6 comments:

puerileuwaite said...

All of a sudden, I gotta pee real bad.

egan said...

Great story. Your co-worker sounds like someone you can share stuff with without too much judgement. That's pretty cool. Maybe I'm reading that wrong though. Anyways... yeah four pints doesn't seem nearly as bad as half a gallon.

I love the no food after 7:30pm thing. I swear that works. Mine used to be after 8:00pm. Now I only usually give in to ice cream. Take care!

Old Man Crowder said...

No food rules are for chumps.

If you're hungry -- eat.
If you're thirsty -- drink
If it itches -- scratch it.

That's more my style. (scratch scratch)

Party Girl said...

puerileuwaite: Story of my life.

Egan: Thanks. She apreciates me. She loves my humor, my style, my wit....basically my smart-assness.

I'm loveable.

OMC: I tend to agree with you. Tuesday night it really had more to do with not wanting spit or burger in my hamburger.

Having worked in the food industry I know how irritating it can be when you're ready to close down, and then someone orders right as you're ready to close.

...take note.

Party Girl said...

puerileuwaite: Story of my life.

Egan: Thanks. She apreciates me. She loves my humor, my style, my wit....basically my smart-assness.

I'm loveable.

OMC: I tend to agree with you. Tuesday night it really had more to do with not wanting spit or burger in my hamburger.

Having worked in the food industry I know how irritating it can be when you're ready to close down, and then someone orders right as you're ready to close.

...take note.

Sands said...

Thanks for doing the math on this for me. Are you just trying to make me feel like an alcoholic?