Tuesday, June 06, 2006

hottie of the week: Gina Gershon

Because I've claimed for the past 10 years that, Bound was the hottest movie I've ever seen. I realized it had been that long since I'd seen the movie. It needed a revisit. I watched it again over the weekend. I wanted to see if it would still hold-up for me. Was it the hot girl-on-girl action between Jennifer Tilly and Gina Gershon? Was it the hot lipstick in the slinky dresses, heels and stockings against the hot butch? Was it the film noir quality? Was it the overt sexual overtones mingled with the innuendos throughout the film? Was it the campiness? Was it the ever-so-slight BDSM qualities of the film? Was it that at, 22, I was still trying to figure out and discover my sexuality therefore, the lesbian qualities of the film made it hotter for me than it actually is? Would Gina and Jennifer still do it for me?

What I discovered was; the film is very campy. Very 1950's film noir-ish. There are not nearly as many girl-on-girl sex scenes as I remember. The slinky dresses, heels, and stockings are much more overt than I remember. And that is why Gina and Jennifer still do it for me.



5 comments:

ePixie29 said...

God I love that film!

Even if there aren't as many hot girl-on-girl scenes as you remember, I seem to make them up for myself. I bet you do too!

Anonymous said...

Never seen the movie... but by the sounds of it it seems I might need to.

Shon Richards said...

What I remember most about the film was the way it accelerated towards the end. It really captured a manic insane terror that I really enjoyed.

And Gina was really hot.

THE DUKE said...

Jennifer Tilly? Never could get past the voice. Gina, on the other hand, is still one of the hottest actresses alive.

Party Girl said...

ePixie: I made the love scenes memorable.

GG: Rent it. Rent it. Rent it.

Shon: It really does excelerate at the end and it has such a 50's noir feel to it, it was really well done. Seeing it 10 years after the fact and having more knowledge and appreciation for film than I had before it gave it a new appreciation and spin to it.

Duke: I would agree with you. Such a beautiful package, such an odd sound emitting forth.